Skin-related issues can be a real nuisance and may affect your confidence in social settings. Skin being the body’s largest and most visible organ, is closely related to the Lung and problems usually arise from various internal imbalances. These imbalances are often due to toxin build up, Lung heat, Stomach heat, heat in the Blood, Blood or Yin deficiency.
TCM treatments target the underlying issues to clear up the surface manifestations and aim to balance any disharmony in the body. Some skin conditions that can be improved with TCM treatments include:
Skin health is dependent on the overall health of the body. TCM aesthetics not only target the local points on the skin, it also aims to nourish the body to ensure that adequate nutrients, blood flow and lymphatic drainage nourish your skin from the inside out.
TCM Aesthetics Benefits
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Gives complexion a fresher glow
- Gives a more harmonious and balanced look
- Reduces puffy eyes, face and body
- Lifts and tones sagging muscles and skin
At Thomson Chinese Medicine, we currently offer Constitutional Facial Acupuncture as part of our TCM skin care treatment.
Constitutional Facial Acupuncture
We are all born with a unique constitutional body type and this determines your skin complexion, physique, personality traits and Yin-Yang balance.
By identifying which type you belong to, a tailored treatment will be selected accordingly to balance and energise from the inside out. Treatment includes facial acupuncture and one or more of these techniques:
- Ear seeds
- Body guasha
- Body cupping
Exclusively at NUH Medical Centre
Not suitable if you:
- Have a cold or flu
- Have history of fainting after acupuncture or have needle phobia
- Have very sensitive skin or prone to keloid
- Have ulcerated, irritated, bruised skin, severe active acne, severe sunburn
- Did Botox, fillers, micro-dermabrasion, chemical peel or laser resurfacing in the last month
- In the 1st trimester pregnancy
- During very heavy menses
- Have serious migraines or high blood pressure
- On blood thinners or have blood coagulation disorders